A lot of light skin women have a strong desire towards having a darker skin color, but the only way this can be achieved naturally is by exposure to sun. With the increasing health risk of ultraviolet ray, exposure to sunlight really is not much of an option. But with technological advancement, one can have a tan without having to be under the harsh rays of the sun. This concept is otherwise known as ‘Sunless Tanning’. Sunless Tanning can be achieved through tanning lotions, gels, sun bed, mousses and the most trending of them all, Spray Tanning. Gotham Glow is the best tanning specialist offering long lasting, effective spray tanning service for those looking to enhance their looks
Spray tanning basically consists of a compound called Dihydroxyacetone which comes in form of sugar gotten from a plant source. Spray tanning is approved by FDA. Our skin is made up of two layers: epidermis (outer layer) and dermis (inner layer). Here is how spray tanning works.
Its action takes place on the outer layer of the skin, reacting with amino acids found in the dead cells. This help create a bond between the DHA and the skin cells resulting in a color change giving you a tan. As the days go by, these old cells are removed for new cells to appear taking the tan along with it. That is the reason why the sun-kissed color spray tans fades gradually. The tan, however, can last for a week.
Spray tanning are often done in salons, but for convenience and probably to avoid spending much it can be done at home. If you are opting for the DIY approach, you have to be careful to avoid getting blotches in your skin. Spray tan can be done in two ways which include choosing from spray tanning booth or get an airbrush tan.
Airbrush tanning is manually done by a highly skilled therapist using the best products and tools that way he can make sure that no spot is left out while spray tanning. Do not take your shower until about 4 hours after the session so the tan will not fade.
Spray tanning booth produces a fine mist of the tanning solution which only takes minutes. Once the tanning process is completed, you can wipe off excess solution. This tanning takes about an hour or two to take effect.
Here are some of the benefits from the spray tanning process.
- A tan can be done anywhere, and whenever you want it.
- It is readily available offering you a range of colors to choose from but avoid picking a color that would look awful on you. You can get suggestions from a professional spray tan technician as well
- Spray tanning dries up much faster than wet Sunless tans like lotions, gels and mousses, leaving your clothes with less stains
- Spray tans give a better result; it does not leave blotches or streaks unlike tanning lotions and creams.
- Unlike wet sunless tans that last for about two to three days, spray tans can last for longer up to a week or more depending on the nature of your skin and its reaction with the tanning solution.