I first encountered a Lulur-based product from Venus & Mars with their Lulur soap. Lulur is an ancient beauty secret originated from Central Java that’s said to effectively whiten skin and leaving it soft and smooth. Luckily, Lauren hosted a giveaway last year and I won this along with the Celeteque Facial Wash.
I wasn’t able to use it right away because I just gave birth and still nursing but now, I’m ready to pile on skin care once again.
On my first use, I followed the instruction to apply the scrub on dry skin. I used to apply body scrubs on wet skin so that was the first time I applied scrub on dry skin. Upon application, the creamy consistency of the scrub made it easy to apply. Using my hand, I scooped out a dollop of body scrub to apply on my body. After application, the scrub already dried up on parts that I first applied it. Washing it off took longer, maybe because of its moisturizing properties that reminds me of rinsing Dove soap on my body.
On my succeeding uses, I applied it after I washed with soap and water (not comfortable applying the scrub on dry skin). I can still feel the exfoliating properties of the bead scrubs and the cream just glides smoothly on my skin. I don’t think there’s any difference between wet and dry application so just follow what you’re accustomed to.
- I just want the beads to be larger, like the beads on St. Ives scrubs, the size of the beads on this product is mild enough that you can even use it on your face.
- I can instantly feel my skin’s smoothness after use. No need to apply lotion.
- I don’t like the scent though, I prefer fruity, sweet scents. This one has floral scent.
- I checked the price at Watsons and it’s a steal at Php 80 a tub.
- With its whitening properties, I have yet to see the results but I make sure to pile more product on my problem areas like elbows, knees, armpits and groin area. When it comes with whitening, patience is a virtue.