Two years ago, I bought Strip It cold wax in Multiply and DIY-ed my Brazilian. If you read my post, I’m not comfortable having another person do the procedure. But since last year, I just go to Lay Bare SM The Block branch to get a Brazilian. I realized that it’s a pain in the neck to do this all by myself, and then I always end up with a messy one because I can’t see everything, lol!
Here’s one thing I’m sure of, once you go bald, you’ll never ever coming back to being hairy again *winks*. It feels so fresh and clean down there.
For those who are curious and been wanting to try Brazilian waxing, here are a few tips and what to expect. I’m not sure if the procedure is the same with other waxing salons like The Strip, etc… I’ve only been to Lay Bare SM The Block branch.
Brazilian Waxing 101:
- First, get an appointment. Some Lay Bare branches are overflowing with clients especially the mall-based branches. So if you want to save time, call for an appointment.
- If you have low tolerance for pain, take pain reliever medicines first.
- Do not shave/cut the hair down there, it should be at least 1/4-inch long so that the wax will stick to the hair. If it’s too long, the attendant will cut it to the right length.
- Be sure to wash your private part thoroughly. It’s already embarrassing showing your private parts, so please don’t make it worst by having smelly and dirty you-know-what. While I’m still on the queue, I excuse myself to use the toilet at Lay Bare, they have a bidet and plenty of feminine washes for you to use.
- When you’re called, the attendant will lead you to your cubicle, cubicles are small though. You will then be instructed to take off your bottoms and wear the robe.
- The attendant will either trim the hair first, if it’s the right length, she will apply powder on the area to prevent the wax from sticking to the skin. A ball-sized wax will be used for waxing.
- I prefer fast waxing, why prolong the agony? I just want to get it over with, slow or fast, it will hurt anyway.
- The attendant will also ask you to lie face down because some hair grow at the back.
- The attendant will tweeze stray hair, another ouch moment.
- Finally, a soothing cream will be applied to the area and you’re done. Brazilian waxing will only take about 30 minutes max (minus the waiting time if there’s a line.
I hope my post didn’t scare you from trying Brazilian waxing. Don’t be too shy or embarrassed, these attendants are professionals and just there for our beautification purposes. And don’t chicken out due to the pain, no pain, no gain, yes? Another tiis-ganda moment.