9 Chinese beauty products are found to be laced with mercury that’s why the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the Chinese-made products. FDA said that thse products contain the heavy metal mercury beyond the allowable limit of one part per million.
Below is the list of whitening creams/face creams included in the ban:
* Jiaoli Huichusu Whitening Speckles Removal Cream
* Xin Jiao Li 7-Days Specific Eliminating Freckle Cream
* Jiao Li 10-Days Eliminating Freckle Day & Night Set
* Jiao Li 7-Days Eliminating Freckle AB Set
* Jiao Liang Miraculous Cream
* Xin Jiao Liang 7-Days Miracle Package for Spots Refining
* Jiao Mei Miraculous Cream
* Jiao Yan Specific Miraculous Cream
* Jiao Li Extra Pearl Facial Cream
Meanwhile, a popular slimming tablets/capsules also from China is included in the ban because it contains steroids. These are: Zhen de Shou Fat Loss Capsule and Zhen de Shou Fat Loss Tea. (I read the news over and over again to double check if Leisure 18 Slimming Coffee is included, but it’s not…)
Geez, China manufacturers should check with the safety standards first, they are one of the biggest exporters of all sorts of products and yet their products can’t meet the standards.